Starting with SYSTEMS – Always Share Your Desired BUSINESS OUTCOMES & SYSTEMS with your “A Team”
Many business owners and managers play the “Guessing Game” – They let their team members try to “Guess” what they really want to achieve. ALWAYS Know and share your desired Business Outcomes to Build Better Systems.
Business Plans of many small businesses are either old or non-existent. Targets and KPIs are scarce. Help your team achieve more by clearly communicating your desired Outcomes and Business Direction.
Don’t Keep it a SECRET! Give us a HINT!
ANY document that can help CLARIFY the desired outcomes & direction of the business is really USEFUL to boost team engagement and results.
Let’s start by getting everybody on the same 1st page of Business Systems 101.
Here is a Useful Checklist of some helpful documents to achieve better Organisational Clarity and Results.
AN “ABOUT OUR COMPANY” DOCUMENT
- Our PURPOSE – Why we do it
- Our PHILOSOPHY – What we Believe
- Our PEOPLE – Who we are
- Our PLAN – What we do
- Our PROCESSES – How we do it
- Our POSSIBILITIES – Opportunities
- Our PROBLEMS – Issues and Concerns
- Our PERFORMANCE – KPI expectations
- Out PAYOFF – Benefits and Bonuses
CLEAR DIRECTION DOCUMENTS
- VALUES STATEMENT – What’s really important to us?
- VISION STATEMENT & MISSION STATEMENT
- S.W.O.T. ANALYSIS
- STAKEHOLDERS – Clear Identification of all STAKEHOLDERS
- COMPETITOR ANALYSIS – Who are our competitors (By Segment)
- TARGET MARKET & IDEAL BUYER PERSONAS – Who are our buyers?
- CORE STRENGTHS (Niches) – The Hedgehog Principle – What ONE thing do we do well?
- UPDATED BUSINESS PLAN – Business Strategies are Clear (Liveplan or One Page Plan)
- FINANCIAL OBJECTIVES – Budget, Actuals, CPC Comparisons
HUMAN RESOURCES HR DOCS
- OUR ORGANISATIONAL CHART – names and pictures
- OUR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES – Individual Position & Ideal Person Descriptions
- OUR CULTURE STATEMENT – Our Philosophy
- A COURTESY SYSTEM in place
- PRODUCTIVITY & EFFICIENCY – meetings are meaningful, motivational and minute-wise (See the 25 minute meeting by Donna McGeorge)
- HOUSE RULES – clear set of HR Policies & Procedures
- RECRUITMENT STRATEGIES & REMUNERATION PLANS
- INDUCTION PROGRAM
STAFF INDUCTION DOCS
- ONBOARDING CHECKLIST – Admin, Financial, Show Around, Meet People
- VISIT & READ OUR COMPANY WEBSITE
- CLEAR EXPECTATIONS & PROCESSES – Checklists
- STYLE GUIDE – Logos, Colours, Pics, Videos, Examples of past work
- TEAM COMMUNICATION TOOLS – coaching, feedback and samples
- FAQs & FADQs lists
COUNTING & MEASURING BUSINESS OUTCOMES
- KEY METRICS have been established – Which things to measure regularly
- KPIs & KRAs – MEASUREMENT & FEEDBACK SYSTEMS in place
- FINANCIAL REPORTING – Regular Meetings on P&L or A&L
ENVIRONMENTAL BUSINESS OUTCOMES
- P.E.S.T. ANALYSIS Completed (Political, Environmental, Social, Technological)
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT – WHS/OHS issues, Built Environment audits
- EQUIPMENT & TOOLS – Technology & Software up to date
- COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT – New Competitors/Threats regularly assessed
OUTSOURCED STAFF CHECKLIST
- SURROUNDINGS & SUPPORT – Risk Analysis – Security – power, pics, helpers, Family
- OFFICE SET UP – Connection, Mobile phones, computer, other equipment
- TOOLS – Preferred Software programs
- REFERENCES – Past work, Past employers
- SCENARIO PLANNING – Robbery, Theft, Backup, Disaster (hurricane, flood, fire)
RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON CREATING SYSTEMS
Sam Carpenter’s Book – Work the System (free E-Book)
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & Big Hat
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Dave has significant experience with presenting & hosting Webinars, Zoom Meetings and Conferences – Virtual, Online, In Person and Hybrid Events.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Live & Online Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Growth Strategies using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular TOPICS cover Sales, Service & Strategy for small businesses and Leading Teams.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Growing Small Businesses in Tough Times
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops – Online or In Person
- Online Host or Virtual Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Virtual Conference Content Package
- Online Workshops for Team Training
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing sales or more information about the events & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me here on LINKEDIN or FACEBOOK
- Read BLOGS for CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS for SPEAKERS & ONLINE PRESENTERS
- Read BLOGS for SMALL BUSINESS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business, Website or upcoming Conference
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.davidstaughton.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved