David Staughton – B.Sc(Hons) AFAIM FCEO
David Staughton is a scientist, author, and award-winning businessman who makes doing business easier. A walking library of business case studies, funny quotes and real life experiences, he inspires people with his passion, energy and enthusiasm.
David has over 25 years experience in a broad range of industries including mining, retailing, hospitality, travel and tourism, and consulting. He’s been passionate about small business since starting work in the family-owned hardware store at age six.
David is a qualified geologist and worked for five of Australia’s largest mining companies. He left to start his own hospitality business and became a millionaire by age 30. In 15 years he grew a multi-business empire in Victoria.
In 2001, David successfully sold his operations and has since been helping other businesses get results. He has since shown owners and managers how to energise their staff, find more customers, and significantly increase their sales and profits all year round. His talent speaks for itself with well over 180 professional endorsements for his training skills and presentations.
5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Big Dave:
- Australia’s expert on “Seasonal Selling ” – improving sales in quiet and tough times by increasing utilisation and occupancy
- Award-winning small business owner and operator
- Twelve years business consulting experience with major business turnarounds and multi-million dollar sales improvements.
- Self made millionaire and serial entrepreneur – has started seven businesses – bought and sold them and shut down one.
- Contributing author of two best-selling books for small business
What CEO’s say about David Staughton:
“Excellent! – Very interesting, well researched, well presented!”
“A dynamic speaker who illuminated the topic with a 1000 watt globe!”
“Fantastic presenter. Informative, fun, great info, tips and techniques. Invaluable. Very interactive…”
David Staughton is a talented facilitator and experienced M.C. of meetings and conferences, strategic retreats, team building events, and in-house workshops. He speaks and consults on a wide range of business improvements in the areas of sales, service, staff, and sales strategy development. Popular topics include: sales inspiration and finding new business opportunities in a rapidly transforming marketplace.
Dave is famous for simple yet powerful concepts including: “head, heart and hands” selling, the love bucket, love goggles, finding profit niches – ttttt, and the red balls.
Further, topics listed here are available as fully customisable presentations for conference keynotes, and half and full day workshops.
- Finding Business Opportunities – How to Make More Sales in Turbulent Times
- Finding Profitable Niches – Making More Money in the Changing Marketplace
- Pricing for Profit – How to Set and Get Your Price
- Profitable Tactics for Turbulent Times – How to Make the Most of Your Time, Team, and Turnover
- Promoting Profitable Professional Services – Turning More Prospects into Clients
- Serve and Sell – Help Your Front Line Staff to Sell More!
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering Your Staff
- Managing and Motivating a Multi-Generational Team
- Finding, Keeping and Inspiring the Best Staff
David can also offer a full range of user-friendly practical workbooks and Business Improvement Guides (BIGs) on a wide range of essential topics.
Dave’s larger clients include QBE, Goldwell, Hard Rock Cafés Asia, BSC Bearings, and many associations.
Dave has a significant experience growing businesses in the following niche industries:
- Accommodation – Motels, Hotels and Caravan Parks
- Cemetery and Crematoriums
- Dealerships – Cars, Motorbike, Motorhome, Power equipment, etc
- Finance Brokers
- Financial Planners
- Funeral Directors
- Home Improvements – Windows, Awnings, Carpets, Furnishings. etc
- Insurance Brokers
- Medical and Dental Practices
- Mortgage Brokers
- Professional Services
- Real Estate Agencies
- Self Storage
- Tourism Businesses
- Turf Industry
- Tyre and mechanical Stores
- Venues and Stadiums
- Webmarketing Agencies
Dave is based in Melbourne and works all over Australia, Asia and the Pacific.