B.Sc(Hons) CCEO CSP
Award Winning Keynote Speaker, Australia’s Expert on Business Growth by improving Sales & Service.
David Staughton is an Award-winning businessman & speaker who just LOVES customers and growing businesses and groups of businesses.
A walking library of “hands-on” business experiences, he inspires audiences with his funny & memorable stories, passion and enthusiasm for business.
Background & Experience:
David has over 25 years “Hands-on” experience in a broad range of industries including mining, retailing, hospitality, tourism, health and consulting. He’s been passionate about small business since starting work in the family-owned hardware store at age six.
David originally qualified as a Scientist and worked for five of Australia’s largest companies. He left to start his own hospitality business. In 15 years he grew a multi-business hospitality & tourism group in Victoria, Australia employing over 200 staff and doing more than 2000 weddings & events.
In 2001, David successfully sold his operations and has since been helping other businesses get better results. He has shown owners & managers how to energise their team, attract & delight more customers and significantly increase their sales results all year round.
He is a talented workshop facilitator and experienced M.C. of meetings, conferences and strategic retreats. He presents and consults on small business growth strategies with a focus on sales growth and customer experience.
Dave is famous for simple yet powerful business concepts including:
- Sales Secrets – The ABCs of Successful Sales
- Focus on your VIPs – Your most profitable customers (moving from AAAAA to TTTTT)
- Attracting more VIPs – getting more repeat and referrals (playing The Red Ball game)
- Developing a Customer Delighting Culture – (using the love goggles, love bucket and love languages)
- Serve, Sell and Satisfy – Frontline Customer Service and Sales Improvement programs
- Analysing your Customer Journey – FLOW
Dave has grown many SME businesses, coached business leaders & teams and has assisted many small business associations & groups. He has been responsible for multi-million dollar sales turnarounds and helped several businesses grow to get listed on the ASX.
As a best-selling author, Dave has contributed to books on Sales, Small Business and most recently The VIP Principle – about the long-term business benefits of improving your Customer Experience.
Dave is a highly entertaining speaker and has been performing in front of an audience for over 20 years. As an experienced International Keynote Speaker he has presented to over 750 Audiences in 10 Countries.
In 2017 Dave was awarded the Nevin Award, the most prestigious award presented by Professional Speakers Australia – the peak association for Conference Speakers in Australia.
Dave has a significant experience growing businesses in the following industry sectors:
- Associations – Association Strategies and Membership Development
- Dealerships – Cars, Motorbike, Motorhomes, Power equipment, etc
- End of Life – Cemeteries, Crematoriums & Funeral Directors
- Finance & Brokers – Insurance, Mortgage, Financial planners
- Hairdressers, Beauticians & Aestheticians
- Home Improvements – Windows, Awnings, Carpets, Furnishings. Turf etc
- Hospitality – Venues, Clubs, Pubs & Restaurants (see www.bighat.com.au)
- Medical and Dental Practices – Doctors, Dentists, Surgeons
- Professional Services – Consultants, CEO Groups
- Real Estate Agencies
- Retailers & Hardware Stores
- Self Storage
- Tyre and Mechanical Stores
- Transport and Removals
- Tourism & Accommodation – Motels, Hotels, Caravan Parks, Transport
Some of Dave’s larger & longer term clients have included QBE Insurance , Hard Rock Cafés Asia, Tyrepower, Goldwell(KAO), Inenco (CBC/BSC Bearings) and many Associations.
Further Speaking topics are listed here and are available as fully customisable presentations for conference keynotes or workshops.
Find out what Dave’s Clients Say
Dave is based in MELBOURNE and works all over Australia, NZ & Asia.