Who are the BEST VIDEO EXPERTS to make Conference Videos for Speakers?
By David Staughton CSP CCEO, Professional Speaker and Small Business Consultant
- Do you need a “Video Guy”, Video Cameraman or a Videographer to record your conference presentations?
- Want a Video Editor or Video Production to edit & produce your video footage to make you look great?
- Need Visual Experts like a Visual Storyteller & Director to get the right Video Footage and turn it into a Showreel that SELLS?
Videos are a CRITICAL part of your speaker marketing.
Having watched hundreds of them online, most of them really need more effort and the input & advice of Video Experts!
Why you need Great Video as a Speaker
A great SPEAKER VIDEO really beats everything for getting your message across! – better than photos and just words on a page.
A video SHOWREEL is essential for a professional speaker and you’ll need lots of quality video of your onstage presentations and media appearances to assemble a good one.
It is a great idea to RECORD EVERY STAGE PRESENTATION – EVERY TIME – at least audio or video on your phone or on a GoPro and collect professionally done videos for your best/big gigs. You can improve your speaking skills by watching and analysing your presentations on video.
See this awesome BLOG on the 6 types of VIDEOS that you’ll need to promote your speaking business. Amanda Stevens sets the standard for the best marketing use of videos by a speaker.
You’ll just need to find the RIGHT Video people and experts to help grow your speaker brand and speaking business.
Best Video Experts for Speakers – Big Dave’s List
BEST VIDEO CREW FOR CONFERENCES ALL OVER AUSTRALIA
- Joyce Ong & Chris Sellers – New Heights Media (Syd, NSW & Video people all over Australia)
BEST VIDEO CREW IN NSW FOR SPEAKERS
- Cristian Trujillo – CreativeCreations.tv – Syd, NSW
- Joyce Ong & Chris Sellers – New Heights Media Sydney NSW
- Melinda Hird NSW – Speaker Video Specialist – Works with Leanne Christie
- Claire Stretch NSW – Video maker for Speakers and L&D trainers
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN MELBOURNE FOR SPEAKERS
- Cameron “Cam” Fink – Melb, VIC – Awesome Video expert for Matt Church’s Thought Leaders
- Andrew Elhay – Melb, VIC
- Anthony Spiteri – Pixel3 Video Melb VIC
- Andrew Gill – Agent Creative Melb VIC
- Alba Prime – Melb, VIC
- Keith Rhodes – Clips that Sell, Melb, VIC
- Gary Hegedus – Melb, VIC (Semi Retired)
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN GOLD COAST FOR SPEAKERS
- Nick from Desert Island Media – Goldcoast, Qld
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN ADELAIDE FOR SPEAKERS
- Daniel Tang – Adel, SA
- Sebastian Rosa – Adel, SA
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN USA FOR SPEAKERS
IF ALL ELSE FAILS – AND YOU NEED VIDEO CREW IN ANOTHER LOCATION
VIDEO TIPS FOR SPEAKERS
How to Brief your Video Crew
When organising your Video crew and Video shoots it helps to know what you want and ask for it ….
- Know your OUTCOME – What are you going to do with the video? – for public, internal or private use?
- Do you have PERMISSION from the client, event organisers and audience members?
- FOOTAGE or FINAL EDIT – Are you just getting Video of Speaker on the Stage? or do you want it edited too?
- CAMERA 1 or 2 ? – A Single camera Shoot or Twin Camera shoot? – on the speaker the whole time? or the audience?
- FIXED or MOBILE? – A Fixed Camera or a Moving “Action” camera?
- SLIDES TOO? Do you want to see the Screen & Slides too? or can you add them in afterwards? (Add them in!)
- AUDIO SET UP – How are you getting your Audio? – Feed from AV Desk or wiring up the speaker?
- AUDIENCE – Want Audience Shots? – showing emotional reactions (Laugh, engaging or crying – YES please!)
- VOX POP – Want Vox Pop? – Interviewing Audience Members and getting testimonials pre or post event?
- LIVE FEEDBACK – Want Immediate “Buzzing” Feedback from Organiser or Sponsors?
- B ROLL – Excitement building ‘Behind the Scenes’ shots? – Speaker getting ready, Room/Audience getting prepped
- FINAL CUT WORK – Do you want much Post-production work & Editing or just the raw footage?
- DELIVERY – ON a file sharing platform or a physical Digital Hard drive
For more information on making better Videos visit ….
- Joyce Ong at www.newheightsmedia.com (see her Blog)
- Check out Julian Mathers’ great website www.julianmather.com and download his Free E-Book – GET VIDEO SMART
BEST VIDEO COACHING & VIDEO CONFIDENCE COACH
- Yana Martens Video Coach Melb VIC
- Jenny DeLacy – Video Visibility Coach Melb VIC
- Gina Carr USA Gina Carr International Orlando, Florida USA Video Rockz program
BEST VIDEO EDITING & GRAPHICS PROGRAMS – LIST
Here are some useful tools for turning your videos and graphics into artistic productions and sizzle reels.
Video Editing Programs for Video Production
- Imovie – 4K Video movie making (Apple)
- Promo – World’s leading video maker
- Animoto – Video Making Made Easy
- Clips – Videos with captions – Make and share fun videos (Apple)
- Content Samurai – Stunning Videos Fast
- Adobe Spark – Social Graphics and Short Videos
- Shakr.com – make amazing Video Ads & compilations
- Lumen5 – Fastest video making for social media
- Quik – GoPro Video editor
- Ripl – Social Media Video Marketing for Small Business
- Inshot – Video Editor and Maker
- INvideo – Online Video Creator
- Hyperlapse – Apple Amazing Timelapse videos
- Biteable – Stunning Video Maker
Video Transcription Tools used by Video Experts – Video Subtitling
About 80% of videos are watched silently (no sound) so every short video you make MUST have subtitles and you can also use the text transcription too when uploading to help SEO. Here are some useful tools…
Online Tools for Making better Videos
- Auphonic – use to fix poor recordings – remove background noise etc
- Teleprompt.me – Turn Your Laptop into a teleprompter (read the script)
- Use Video Editing software – e.g. For apples use Apple imovie or for PC use Filmora (free) or Nero Video ($50)
Graphics Tools for Speakers & Video Experts
- Canva – Graphic Design Tool
- Quicc – Automatic Video Captions
- Mojo – App for Instagram Stories
- Pixaloop – Photo animations
- Giphy – Make short animated GIFS (3 secs) from your video
This blog is a work in progress – Suggestions for other Video Experts specialising in Speakers are welcome!
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & BIG HAT
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Strategy using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular SPEAKING TOPICS cover Strategy, Service & Sales and Leadership & Teamwork for small business.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Growing Small Businesses & Groups of Small Businesses.
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops
- Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Conference Package
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me on LINKEDIN.
- Read BLOGS FOR CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS
- Read BLOGS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.davidstaughton.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved