Best Videographers and Video Editing Tools for Speakers – A List of Video Experts around Australia
Finding a Videographer and Video Editor for Conference Speakers
By David Staughton CSP CCEO, Professional Speaker and Small Business Consultant
Videos are a critical part of speaker marketing – just remember that good PHOTOS beats “just Words” but a great VIDEO really beats everything for getting your message across! – You’ll just need to find a Videographer to help grow your speaker business.
VIDEO TIPS FOR SPEAKERS
A video SHOWREEL is essential for a professional speaker and you’ll need lots of quality video of your onstage presentations and media appearances to assemble a good one.
It is a great idea to RECORD EVERY STAGE PRESENTATION – EVERY TIME – at least audio or video on your phone or on a GoPro and collect professionally done videos for your best/big gigs. You can improve your speaking skills by watching and analysing your presentations on video.
See this awesome BLOG on the 6 types of VIDEOS that you’ll need to promote your speaking business. Amanda Stevens sets the standard for the best marketing use of videos by a speaker.
When organising your Videography and Video shoots it helps to know what you want and ask for it ….
- What are you going to do with the video? – for public, internal or private use?
- Do you have permission from the client, event organisers and audience members?
- Just getting Video of Speaker on the Stage? or do you want it edited too?
- A Single camera Shoot or Twin Camera shoot? – on the speaker the whole time?
- A Fixed or Moving camera?
- Do you want to see the Screen & Slides too? or can you add them in afterwards?
- How are you getting your Audio? – Feed from AV Desk or wiring up the speaker?
- Want Audience Shots? – showing emotional reactions (Laugh, engaging or crying)
- Want Vox Pop? – Interviewing Audience Members and getting testimonials?
- Want Feedback from Organiser or Sponsors?
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ shots? – Speaker getting ready, Room/Audience getting prepped
- Do you want Post-production work & Editing or just the raw footage?
For more information visit Joyce Ong at www.newheightsmedia.com (see her Blog)
BEST LIST OF VIDEOGRAPHERS FOR SPEAKERS
BEST VIDEOGRAPHER ALL OVER AUSTRALIA
- Joyce Ong – New Heights Media (Syd, NSW & Videographers all over Australia)
BEST VIDEOGRAPHER IN SYDNEY FOR SPEAKERS
BEST VIDEOGRAPHER IN MELBOURNE FOR SPEAKERS
- Andrew Elhay – Melb, VIC
- Alba Prime – Melb, VIC
- Keith Rhodes – Clips that Sell, Melb, VIC
- Gary Hegedus – Melb, VIC
BEST VIDEOGRAPHER IN GOLD COAST FOR SPEAKERS
- Nick from Desert Island Media – Goldcoast, Qld
BEST VIDEOGRAPHER IN ADELAIDE FOR SPEAKERS
- Daniel Tang – Adel, SA
- Sebastian Rosa – Adel, SA
NEED A VIDEOGRAPHER IN ANOTHER LOCATION?
ONLINE TOOLS FOR MAKING BETTER VIDEOS
- Auphonic – use to fix poor recordings – remove background noise etc
- Teleprompt.me – Turn Your Laptop into a teleprompter (read the script)
- Use Video Editing software – e.g. For apples use Apple imovie or for PC use Filmora (free) or Nero Video ($50)
LIST OF THE BEST VIDEO EDITING & GRAPHICS PROGRAMS
Here are some useful tools for turning your videos and graphics into artistic productions and sizzle reels.
VIDEO EDITING PROGRAMS
- Imovie – 4K Video movie making (Apple)
- Promo – World’s leading video maker
- Animoto – Video Making Made Easy
- Clips – Videos with captions – Make and share fun videos (Apple)
- Content Samurai – Stunning Videos Fast
- Adobe Spark – Social Graphics and Short Videos
- Shakr.com – make amazing Video Ads & compilations
- Lumen5 – Fastest video making for social media
- Quik – GoPro Video editor
- Ripl – Social Media Video Marketing for Small Business
- Inshot – Video Editor and Maker
- INvideo – Online Video Creator
- Hyperlapse – Apple Amazing Timelapse videos
- Biteable – Stunning Video Maker
VIDEO TRANSCRIPTION TOOLS – Video Subtitles
About 80% of videos are watched silently (no sound) so every short video you make MUST have subtitles and you can also use the text transcription too when uploading to help SEO.
GRAPHICS & TOOLS FOR SPEAKERS
- Canva – Graphic Design Tool
- Quicc – Automatic Video Captions
- Mojo – App for Instagram Stories
- Pixaloop – Photo animations
- Giphy – Make short animated GIFS (3 secs) from your video
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
David Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
David is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Future-Proofing your Business
Dave’s most popular small business TOPICS include:
- Future-Proofing your Business – Embracing Change
- Living a Better Life by Working Smarter
- Building your Loyal “A Team” of Engaged Leaders
- Making More All Year Round – Seasonal Success
- Find the Hidden Value in your Business
If you would like to see more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter.
- Read BLOGS FOR CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS
- Read BLOGS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS
You can also download some of the free business e-books available here.
If you know or have suggestions for this blog please call David on 0408375100 or contact us