How to GROW your Business to make more money and have a better life
by David Staughton CSP CCEO, Keynote Speaker on Business Growth & ‘Growth Habits’ and Expert on Small Business
- Would you like to grow your sales & profits?
- Need some new ideas to improve your Results?
- Want to know the Secrets to Business Success?
Most Business Owners want to grow a successful business.
But the path to success has many obstacles – in fact 8 out of 10 businesses will ultimately FAIL.
If you want your business to survive then follow these 10 secrets for business success!
1. Just have ONE CAPTAIN
Decide who’s really ultimately in charge because “shared responsibility is no responsibility”.
Business growth relies on strong, decisive leadership.
Work out who is responsible for what. (Decide the Roles)
2. Create and Communicate More ORGANISATIONAL CLARITY
Be really clear about the roles and responsibilities within your company and articulate your vision.
Start by creating an Org Chart, Job Description, Vision, Mission and Values.
3. FOCUS on The Vital Few or Critical Main Things
Focus on Just ONE or TWO Challenges at a time.
It’s really important to focus on the direction of your business, with special attention given to the FINANCIAL side of the business. Make a Plan and Prioritise. Try Liveplan
4. PLAN AHEAD (Remember the 6 P’s)
Prior preparation prevents a pretty poor performance!
Any planning helps – tax plans, cashflow plans, sales plans, marketing plans, biz plans. even a TO DO LIST helps!
5. Develop more BUSINESS SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
‘Systemize the routine; humanize the exception’ – says FedEx founder Fred Smith.
Read this blog on Basic Business Systems & Processes
and this Blog on creating systems to help replicate and scale your business
Also Have a look at Waywedo – a systemising program
6. PRACTICE & IMPROVE
Make sure you offer cutting-edge customer service.
Aim for continuous improvement.
Survey people and ask for their ideas.
7. THINK DIFFERENT – BE STILL
Spend more time THINKING about various ways to be different, innovative, creative and exclusive.
Try SSS – Some stillness, Silence and Solitude. Meditation and Mindfulness helps.
8. AVOID DELAY – Don’t Pretend
Learn to take action right now!
Implement, try and fail and try again. Just DO IT!
9. Go the EXTRA MILE – play the LONG GAME
Build great rapport and long term relationships by doing that little bit extra.
Think of the future benefits of great relationships – not short term wins.
10. Remember to PUT YOUR PRICES UP Regularly
- “If your sales volume is going up, put UP your prices,
- If your sales volume is going down, improve your customer service and marketing”
If you Want to Implement these Ideas – Get yourself an Accountability Buddy or a Coach
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
David “Big Dave” Staughton is “The Growth Habits Guy”. David is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Growth Strategies using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular SPEAKING TOPICS cover Strategy, Service & Sales and Leadership & Teamwork for small business.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on “Growth Habits” & Growing Small Businesses
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops
- Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Conference Package
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Team Training Workshops
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me here on LINKEDIN or FACEBOOK
- Read BLOGS FOR CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS
- Read BLOGS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.davidstaughton.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved