How to Boost Sales For a Tyre & Mechanical Store – 12 tips
In turbulent times, it is a great idea to grow your market share and make more sales in your Auto Mechanical Store.
Here are 12 great tips –
1. Find Your Ideal Niches – Be An Expert Or Specialist Tyre/Mechanical Store
Becoming An Expert In A Few Specialities Or Types Of Customers That You Really Enjoy Will Help You Become More Famous And Get More Word Of Mouth Business.
You Can Then Seek More Referrals For These Ideal Types Of Prospects.
2. Follow Up Your Quotes – Be Persistent – Ask Again In A Different Way & Follow Up Forever
Most Professionals Give Up Too Easily. Be Persistent. ‘It’s No Not Now – Not No Forever’. Call And Ask Again Later. Most People Take Time Or Multiple Requests Before They Decide. Remember Yes, No And Maybe
3. Diversify Your Income Stream – Recommend & Sell a few Extra Products
You could sell things like Tyres, Tyre Insurance, Offer Finance, Test & More Batteries, Sell Safety Products, Sell & Fit 4wd & Auto Accessories
- “Know Anyone Buying A Vehicle – We Can Help You With That!”
- “I Strongly Recommend…..”
- “Have You Considered…”
- “You Should Really Look At …”
4. Get More Online Reviews & Manage Your Online Reputation
Check What People Are Saying About You Online – Type The Name Of Your Store Plus The Word “Reviews” Into Google. E.G. (Store name & Location) Reviews. –
Respond carefully to any Bad Reviews And Ask Customers To Get More Positive Online Reviews.
5. Local Area Marketing – Get Involved Locally – Join Local Business Groups
Your Local Chamber of Commerce or Rotary Club is a great business connection to help build local connections and boost sales.
BNI is a Local Networking Group Called Business Networking International – A Small Group Of Professionals That Meets Each Week To Help Each Other Develop Referrals And Grow Their Businesses. You Can Get 50 To 100 Referrals Per Year And Build An Alliance Group Of Referrers. This Costs About $2k P.A.
Alternatively You Can Sponsor a Sports Or Community Club And Get Regularly Involved With Them.
6. Build Your Team Of Local Referral Partner Alliances
Join Local Clubs & Groups To Meet Potential Referrers And Connectors – Panel Beaters, Car Dealers, Detailers, Real Estate Agents, Accountants Etc.
Be Nice To Staff And Owners Of Caravan Parks, Motels, Cafes, Accommodation, Petrol Stations And Other Businesses On Main Roads – Give Them Some Of Your Business Cards To Help People In Need.
7. Thank Your Best Referrers Often to Boost Sales
Find Out Who Is Referring You (Ask Every Customer And Thank Those That Have Referred You.
Remember – What Gets Rewarded Gets Repeated!
- Tell Your Referrers Who Your Ideal Customers Are And Give Them Feedback About The Leads.
- Make Follow Up Calls, Send Cards And Promotional Gifts – See Appa.Com.Au
8. Build Rapport & Relationships by Matching Your Customers – Mirror their Pace & Style
You can build rapport faster and have more customers by altering your Conversation To Match Their Pace (Faster Or Slower) and Style (Direct/Results Oriented Or Relationship/Chatty)
9. Use Positive Questioning & Appreciative Enquiry
Make Them Feel Great About Answering Your Questions. Express Enthusiasm (Wow, Great, Terrific, Thanks, Compliments, Congratulations), Repeat, Paraphrase Or Rephrase Their Answer, Affirmative Listening (Mmm, I See, Ahuh!), Ask A Supplementary Question About Their Answer. Avoid Using “Don’t – Can’t – Won’t Or No!”
10. Hand Out Three Business Cards At A Time To Get More Referrals
- Get Free And Low Cost Business Cards Printed For Every Employee (Vistaprint.Com.Au)
- Make Sure Your Business Cards Have A List Of Everything You Can Offer Them
- Hand Out Your Three Business Cards And Say “One For You And Two For Your Friends”
11. Send More Cards To Your Best Clients Regularly to Boost Sales
The World’s Best Car Salesman – Joe Girard – Sells 13,00o+ Cars Per Year. He Sends Out Thankyou And Special Occasion Cards. You Can Send Out Postcards For Easter, Mid Year, Spring, Summer/Xmas/NY
Or At Xmas Send A Folding Card And Include Your Three Business Cards And An A4 Size Annual Report About You & Your Business With Tips, Pics And Family News. Your Regular Customers Love To Be Loved.
12. Create An AMAZING Linked In Profile
You Must Complete Your Bio And Get A Great Picture On Linked In.
Join Relevant local Groups And Connect To As Many People As You Know. Your Linkedin Profile Is Easily Found On Google By Referees. Fix up Your Google Page.
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & Big Hat
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Dave has significant experience with presenting & hosting Webinars, Zoom Meetings and Conferences – Virtual, Online, In Person and Hybrid Events.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Live & Online Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Growth Strategies using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular TOPICS cover Sales, Service & Strategy for small businesses and Leading Teams.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Growing Small Businesses in Tough Times
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops – Online or In Person
- Online Host or Virtual Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Virtual Conference Content Package
- Online Workshops for Team Training
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing sales or more information about the events & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me here on LINKEDIN or FACEBOOK
- Read BLOGS for CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS for SPEAKERS & ONLINE PRESENTERS
- Read BLOGS for SMALL BUSINESS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business, Website or upcoming Conference
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.davidstaughton.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved