Best Leadership Books for Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgery Practice Managers
As a leader of your Plastic Surgery Practice you need a wide selection of Skills & Talents – Here are some leadership books and resources on topics that can really help!
1. Best Leadership Books on Being a Better Leader
Brene Brown – Dare to Lead
- Leadership is more than just titles or finding a corner office. It is more about finding the true potential in people and processes to bring about better results. This is one of the leadership books to use as a guide.
Simon Sinek – Leaders Eat Last / Why?
- Simon Sinek has differentiated a leader from an authority beautifully. Not only that, this book reveals hidden dynamics of leadership and trust that are important for anyone who is in a leading position.
2. Managing your Mindset & Beliefs – Boosting your Energy Levels, Happiness & Positivity
Useful Beliefs by Chris Helder
- CHRIS HELDER is a world-renowned speaker known for speaking on the subjects of communication, influence and leadership. If you are looking for a pathway to reach self-awareness, Useful Beliefs by Chris Brown will get you there. The book offers a strategic outlook to achieve personal fulfilment and success.
FISH! By Stephen Lundin
- The Fish is a no-nonsense leadership book to boost your morale and improve results. This book talks all about a fictional manager whose goal is to turn an ineffective team into an effective one. Imagine a workplace that is loaded with positivity, great energy, passion and productivity with the Fish!
Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman
- Martin Seligman is known as the father of positive psychology. He has combined his years of clinical research into one single book where he discusses the benefits of optimism and how it can improve the quality of your life. The book also offers a practical approach to apply optimism to your daily life.
3. Communication Skills – Influence & Persuasion Techniques
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- This book is a classic, and everyone needs it in their book collection. It gives you a very practical approach to win people over, both in your personal and professional life.
Easy Peasey – People Skills for Life – by Allan Pease
- People skills are important in any walk of life. We all have a desire to feel recognized, important and powerful. When you master the skill to make people feel that way, you win.
Body Language by Allan Pease
- Wish to learn what people think? Body Language by Allan Pease might just help you read the minds of people. The book dissects body language in a simplified manner which helps you understand all the people around you.
How to talk to anyone by Leil Lowndes
- Want big success? That involves talking to people. This book provides 92 tricks that help you talk to anyone in the right manner. It is a great tool to succeed in your personal and professional life.
4. Supervision Skills for Team Member Coaching & Delegating
1 Minute Manager
- This short book lists three techniques of an effective manager; minute goals, one-minute praisings, and one-minute reprimands. It is of great help for anyone stepping up to the supervision.
Delegation Skills – Sally Foley Lewis
- Most new managers find it increasingly difficult to delegate. Sally offers a practical approach to the art of delegation, which minimizes the effort and doubles the result.
- Coaching skills is a handbook for trainers that contains tools, techniques and concepts that enable you to coach effectively. It is loaded with case studies and practical guidance that are extremely helpful for all the new coaches.
Zap! -Empowering People
- What makes some people so angry while others don’t let anybody disturb their calm? This book gives you real-life tips on anger management and will help you achieve a newfound peace.
Cialdini’s Book – Influence
- The best book on developing skills for influence and persuasion.
5. How to Grow Your Practice Culture Leadership Books– Your Values & Vision – Building Your “A Team”
Inside Out / Upside Down Leadership by Jason Smith – Founder of Back In Motion Physiotherapy
- It is a perfect book for a CEO or a business owner to help them reach the full business potential. The book contains 50 insights from a remarkable organizational change of a Physiotherapy group – Back in Motion
Culture is Everything by Tristan White
- In this book, Tristan White lists all the ideas and tools that help you build a strong workplace culture. Based on The Physio Co – A large physiotherapy group in Australia.
How to have the Dental practice of your Dreams in less than 60 days – David Moffet
- Dr David Moffet is a successful dentist and has spent years managing dental practices. He has combined his 32 years of learning into a single book that will help you improve your practice. Based on delivering a premium patient experience, Dr David recommends getting rid of any “onboard terrorists” in your clinic. Although specifically for dental practices, this is one of the best leadership books for all specialist practices.
The Smile Prescription by Dr Rich Castellano
Everyone Communicates Few Connect by John Maxwell
- As evident from the name, John Maxwell enables you to learn the most important skill in life; the skill of connection. The author list five connecting principles and practices to help you bring about the true change in your life.
6. Dealing with Change & Managing Conflicts in the Practice – Difficult People & Situations
Turn the Ship Around – Admiral
- It is certainly one of the best business books of all time. The book incorporates timeless principles of leadership that turn followers into leaders.
Dealing with the Tough Stuff – Darren & Alison Hill
- Communication is the key to every good thing in both personal and professional life. This book enables you to have productive discussions at your workplace with no or minimal conflict.
Save the Drama for Your Mama
- This book offers a practical guideline to eliminate drama from your team, organization and life. It is a must-read for everyone.
Conversations for Change
- Conversations matter not only in businesses but for personal life. The book discusses 12 ways to say it right when it matters the most.
- Crucial conversations enrich you with a handful of tools to make effective conversations when the stakes are high. Stephen R. Covey has definitely outdone himself with this one.
- If you are looking for a tool to resolve violated expectations, bad behaviour and broken commitments, crucial confrontations are going to be your best friend.
Why People Fail by Simon Reynolds
- We all want to avoid failure. This masterpiece by Simon Reynolds enlists the root causes of failure and offers a practical solution to avoiding it.
Recruitment Skills & Systems
People Power by Sadhana Smiles
- We all know that having the right people around is the key to success. People power will help you make the right choices when it comes to hiring. This book is a complete recruiting system.
Using Behavioural Profiling Tools
Learn Behavioural Profiling – Range of DISC Profiling Books & Tests
- DISC is known to measure the dimensions of personality (dominance, influence, steadiness, and conscientiousness) in various situations. All in all, DISC helps you improve the quality of workplace relationships and hire the right people.
We Hug in Hallways here – by Weinschlag is a useful overview of DISC.
More Resources from Personal Development / Self Improvement Gurus
Any of the Books, Podcasts or Workshops by these Gurus can help improve your mindset and results.
- Brian Tracy is not only an amazing author but also a motivational speaker. He has written over 80 books. Some of the popular ones are; Earn What You’re Really Worth, Eat That Frog, and No Excuses. His goal is to help you achieve all your personal and business goals. He has over 300 audio and video learning programs that have transformed many individuals and businesses.
- Jim Rohn has been helping people sculpt their life strategies for over 40 years. He is regarded as one of the most influential people of all time. He has numerous courses and products on personal development, communication, leadership and time management.
- Tony Robbins is one of the most popular motivational speakers who has an astounding digital presence. He offers personal and business coaching to people in need and is truly transformational.
Further Resources for Practice Leaders – More Leadership Books
- Best Books and resources for Improving Your Patient Experience and Customer Service Levels
- Best Books and resources for Tiime Management for Surgeons & Practice Managers
- Tech Tips & Tools for Busy Specialist Practices
- Useful Business Marketing books list
Best Mantras and Quotes for Leaders and Managers
- “What if I train them and they leave? – What if you don’t train them and they stay” – The Beechworth baker Tom O’Toole
- “Hire Slowly & Fire Quickly – “Free them to the universe.”
- “Recruit & Select very very carefully, induct them well and do everything possible to help them succeed.”
- In a large practice you can “Hire for Attitude & Train for Skills” – In a smaller practice, you’ll need to pay for the skills you need now.
- “Put your Aces in the right places.” – “Get them in the right seat on the Bus”
- “Never get a second chance to leave a first impression”
- “The best things in life are free, the second-best are very expensive” – Coco Chanel
- “Two Ears, One mouth – listen more!”
- “Spare me the drama”
- “You have to get along with people you work with”
You Might like these other Blogs
- Read Dave’s Useful Medical Terms for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
- Read Dave’s Best Medical Digital Agencies for Plastic Surgeons in Australia & USA
- Read Dave’s Best Systemising Resources for Plastic Practices
- Read Dave’s Best TV Shows about Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
- Read Dave’s blog about Finding & Keeping Great Practice Staff