Who Are The TOP Business Strategy Speakers, Strategists & Facilitators for a Conference or Retreat ? – A LIST
by David Staughton CSP CCEO, Keynote Speaker on Business Growth & ‘Growth Habits’ and Expert on Small Business
- Need an expert strategist to help you with Business Planning or Business strategy?
- Need a Speaker to talk about Strategy and the Future?
- Want a Facilitator or Strategist for a Strategy planning Workshop or Retreat?
Here you will find Big Dave’s CONDENSED COLLECTION of some of the BEST Business Strategy Resources in Australia – Speakers, Strategists, Facilitators, Strategy topic ideas and the best strategy books too. Enjoy!
What is Business Strategy?
A method or plan chosen to bring about a desired future, such as achieving a goal or solution to a business problem. Strategy can also be defined as the art & science of planning & utilising resources for their most efficient & effective use.
- “Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” – Sun Tzu
- “The essence of strategy is choosing what NOT to do.” – Michael Porter
What are the different TYPES Of Strategy?
You can find a Strategist or Strategic Facilitator to help with all sorts and types of strategy…:
- Brand Strategy
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Strategy
- Customer Service Strategy
- Distribution Strategy
- Executive Strategy
- Family Business Strategy
- Future-Proofing Strategy
- Future Strategy
- Growth Strategy
- HR & People Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- M & A Strategy
- Strategic Mindset – the Ability to think strategically
- Succession Planning Strategy
- Value Strategy
- And more!
Best Strategy Experts & Strategic Speakers In Australia
Here is a comprehensive list of the TOP Strategy Speakers, Business Strategists, Strategic Planning Consultants and Strategic Advisors in Australia ….
- Alan Patching – Property, Land & Construction Strategist
- Ashton Bishop – Brand Strategy – HelloStepChange
- Avril Henry – Transformational Leadership Strategist
- Blake Beattie – Consultant on Business Strategy
- Christopher Tipler – Corpus Rios – Corporate Strategist
- David Thomas – China Business & Strategy – Based in Asia
- Debbie Richardson (TEC) – Marketing & Growth Strategist
- Dr Jason Fox – Leadership Advisor (& Wizard)
- Dr Jack Jakoby VIC – Strategist Jacoby Consulting Group
- Holly Ransom – Disruption Strategist & Change Maker
- Hugh Gyton – Scaling up Coach & Strategist
- Lucy Bloom – Strategic Consultant in Governance, Policy, Strategic Planning
- Penny Burke – Essence Consultancy – Marketing Strategist
- Rachael West – Strategy Speaker
- Roger La Salle – Innovation Expert & Strategist
- Wayne Harrison (TEC) – Pathfinders Negotiation Strategist
Best Future Strategists Or Strategy Futurist Speakers In Australia
Here are some Strategists to help you plan to future-proof your business
- Anders Sorman-Nilsson – Futurist
- Gihan Perera – Fit for the Future
- John Hale – “the Strategy Guy” – Hale Consulting Group – Author of “The Strategy Book”
- Keith Suter – Global Futurist
- Morris Miselowski– Business Futurist
- Paul Higgins– Strategic Foresight Consultant
- Phil Ruthven–Business Trends Forecaster (ex IBIS World)
- Ross Dawson – Futurist & Strategy Advisor
- Steven Tighe– Business Strategist and Scenario planner
Best Strategy FACILITATORS In Australia
Want someone to Facilitate a Strategic Planning Workshop or Retreat?
Need a professional to manage your team or stakeholders to get clarity of ideas & outcomes? Here are some facilitators that can help….
- Jason Clarke – Minds at Work
- Bernadette Schwerdt – Communications & Facilitator
- Claire Ellis – Tourism Strategy & Regional Strategy Consultancy
- John Hale – “the Strategy Guy” – Hale Consulting Group
- Leanne Faraday-Brash – Organisation Psychologists and great facilitator
Best Strategy Speakers and Strategists in the USA
Here are some of the strategy speakers in the USA – some expat Aussies that also visit our shores
- Brett King – Banking Strategy – Australian
- Dan Burrus – Technology Strategist
- Gary Vaynerchuk – GaryVee – WebMarketing Strategy
- Guy Kawasaki – Startup and Tech Strategy
- Josh Linkner – Technology Strategist
- Liz Wiseman – Executive Strategy
- Peter Sheahan USA Karrikins Group (Australian)
- Seth Godin – Marketing Strategy
- Troy Hazard – Business Strategies & Entrepreneur – Australian based in Florida
- Verne Harnish USA – Scaling Up (Visits Australia regularly)
Speaking TOPICS Related To STRATEGY
You may be looking for a speaker or consultant that can help you with these related topics.
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy Implementation
- Strategic Foresight
- Business Improvement
- Innovation & Creativity
- Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
- Change & Change Makers
- Scaling Up
- Digital Disruption
- Thought Leadership
- Decision Making (Neuroscience)
- One Page Business Planning
- One Page Game plan or Action planning
Traditional Strategy Elements & Tools – What Strategists work on..
Here are some traditional strategy elements, tools & approaches used when doing your STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Vision & Mission Statements
- Values Statement
- Market Surveys & Industry Research
- SWOT Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Value Proposition
- Brand Analysis & Research
- Target Markets & Personas
- Targets – KPIs, KRAs, CSFs or OKRs
- Scenario Planning
- Prioritising Methods – Effectiveness Vs Effort
- 1 Page Business Plans
- Action Planning
- Use Visual Planning Tools from Grove USA
Best Books On Strategy (Classics)
These books are the classics on Strategy
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
- The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt
- Competitive Advantage by Michael Porter & Understanding Michael Porter by Joan Magretta
- Competing for the Future by Gary Hamel
- Good to Great & Built to last & Great by Choice by Jim Collins
- Blue Ocean Strategy by Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim
- Tom Peters Books – All of them! Especially Pursuit of Wow and Reimagine!
Best Books On Strategy (Modern Classics)
The books are more recent classics on Developing Strategy
- The Rockefeller Habits & Scaling Up by Verne Harnish (One Page Plan Guru)
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr (OKR Guru)
- The 33 Strategies of War and other Robert Greene Books
- Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Mushashi
- Strategy Safari by Mintzberg et al
- Black Swan and Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- The Four Disciplines of Execution by McChesney & Covey
- Playing to Win – How Strategy Really Works by Alan Lafley & Roger Martin
- The Lords of Strategy by Walter Kiechel
- Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
- Good Strategy, Bad Strategy by Richard Rummelt
- Strategy Maps by Robert Kaplan & Norton
- The Profit Zone by Adrian Slywotsky
- The Strategy Paradox by Michael Raynor
- The Pumpkin Plan and Books by Mike Michalowitz
- Your Strategy Needs a Strategy by BCG
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
Best Books On Strategy for Tech companies (Newer Strategy Ideas for Tech Businesses)
If you want strategy for a tech Business or Startup then these books and thought leaders are useful…
- The Innovators Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- Reality Check and other books by Guy Kawasaki (ex Apple)
- Only The Paranoid Survive by Andrew Grove (intel)
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
This BLOG is a “work in progress” for Strategists, Speakers and the Meetings & Events industry.
If you have ANY ideas or suggestions of books, speakers or facilitators for inclusion in this blog please contact me.
If you would like to BOOK any of these speakers for your conference – please contact your friendly speaker bureau consultant
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & Big Hat
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Strategy using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular SPEAKING TOPICS cover Strategy, Service & Sales and Leadership & Teamwork for small business.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Growing Small Businesses & Groups of Small Businesses.
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops
- Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Conference Package
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Team Training Workshops
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me on LINKEDIN.
- Read BLOGS FOR CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS
- Read BLOGS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference or Event
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.davidstaughton.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved