Practice Managers Program for the ASAPS 2021 Conference
UPDATE – Due to Covid Lockdowns this conference is now VIRTUAL
Sat & Sun Oct 9th to 10th 2021
With over 30 experts presenting, this unmissable conference can help you attract more patients, reduce your clinic risks and live a better life.
SATURDAY Oct 9th – 8.30am to 5pm
- 8.30am to 9.15am Best Practice Marketing – Loyalty & Conversion Strategies – Catherine Maley – Marketing Consultant USA
- 915am to 10am Supercharge Your Productivity – How to Find 30 Extra Hours a Month – Kate Christie – Timestylers (available LIVE only)
- 10am to 10.15am Morning Tea
- 1015am to 10.45am Webmarketing Update – Your Website and Google – Drew Hankin – CEO Azuri Group QLD
- 1045am to 11.15am Marketing your Aesthetic Business by Audrey Neff – Director of Marketing at Patient Now / Crystal Clear USA
- 1115am to 11.35am Dealing with Unhappy Patients to Avoid Litigation – Dr Lily Vrtik PS – Plastic Surgeon QLD
- 1135am to Noon PANEL – Medicare Item Quiz and Best practice tips PANEL – Medicare – ASPS rep – Amber Lily & Practice Managers – Amber. Michelle
- Noon to 12.30pm – Lunch
- 12.30pm to 1pm Love Bubbles – Delivering a 5-star Practice Experience – Jess & Alecia – Hunter Plastic Surgery Practice Team
- 1pm to 1.30pm Gems for the Doctor and PM – If I only knew then what I know now’ Debbie Edinburg – Practice Consultant NSW
- 130pm to 2pm Virtual Clinic Tours – New Clinics Clinic Prac Managers – See New Clinics just opened – Watts, Turner, Levitch
- 200pm to 2.30pm PANEL – Improving your Processes and Practice Management Software Tips PANEL – Software PMS & Processes – Liz, Amber,Denise
- 230pm to 3pm Raising the Bar – Secrets of a Successful Plastics Practice by Amber Moncrieff – Hunter Plastic Surgery
- 3pm to 3.15pm Afternoon Tea
- 315pm to 4pm Using Videos to market your practice and brand your surgeon – Julian Mather – Video Expert (45 mins)
- 400pm to 4.30pm Best Practice Phone Skills – Brooklyn Staughton – SPE – Specialist Practice Excellence
- 4.30pm to 5pm PANEL – Better Patient Recovery Journey – Recovery Kits & Best Aftercare Tips to avoid Complications panel – Brooke, Amber
SUNDAY Oct 10th – 8.30am to 5pm
- 8am to 8.30am Digital PR – Managing Your Reputation Online – Jordan Yates – Yates Institute of Plastic Surgery USA
- 8.30am to 9am The Aesthetic Marketplace Overview and Challenges – Hanya Oversby – Specialist Consulting
- 9am to 930am The Marketing Ladder – Priorities for marketing your practice – John Berry – Yellow Telescope USA
- 930am to 10am Making the most of your Frontline – Mara Shorr – Shorr Solutions Practice Consultant USA
- 10am to 10.30am Post Covid Best Practice Management Lessons – Jay Shorr USA – Shorr Solutions Practice Consultant USA
- 10.45am to 11am Morning tea
- 11am to 1130am We’ve been Hacked – Lessons from a Plastic Surgeon Cyberattack & Cybersecurity Update and Best Tips – Plastic Surgeon USA
- 1130am to Noon Social Media Tips & How to get more Reviews – Huyen Truong OMD – Online Marketing for Doctors AUST
- Noon to 12.30pm Marketing Lessons – Drew Hankin CEO of AZURI Group – QLD
- 1230pm to 1pm PANEL – Social Media Best Practices and Tips Panel – Social media – Trish PSH, Amber, Huyen
- 1pm to 1.30pm Lunch
- 1.30pm to 2.15pm Team Building Best Practices & Tips – The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team – Roanne Innes – Teaming
- 2.15pm to 3pm Engaging Your team and Delegating to get things done – Sally Foley Lewis – Productive Leadership
- 3pm to 3.30pm PANEL – HR Tips for Managing Staff – Disengagement, Stress Bullying & WHS PANEL on HR Issues – Sally,Roanne
- 3.30pm to 3.45pm Afternoon tea
- 3.45pm to 4.15pm How to increase your patient conversions for Free with Finance – Tim Boon (15 Mins talk + 15 mins discussion on Super/Finance) – TLC medical finance
- 4.15pm to 5pm Surgery Pricing Strategies & Surgeon Diary Management – Michelle & David Staughton – Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
OTHER SPEAKERS IN THE SURGEONS ROOM
In the Main Room Combined with Surgeons
- Dr Rob Sheen ASAPS Pres – – “Know the difference” campaign update: the law, public opinion and AHPRA/ACCC response
- Phoebe Netto, Pure Public Relations – Making plastic surgery great again
- Dr Jesse Kenton-Smith – Marketing within New Zealand’s legal boundaries
- Dr Mathew Peters – Maximising your branding without breaking advertising regulations
- Dr Lily Vrtik – Understanding medical law as it applies to plastic surgery
- Paulina Moncrieff (LLB) MIPS Learning from other mistakes- plastic surgery legal case studies
THANKS TO ASAPS CONFERENCE SPONSORS
- Mentor https://www.mentordirect.com.au/ – Mentor Implants (GOLD SPONSOR)
- Life Healthcare https://www.lifehealthcare.com.au/ – Motiva Implants
- Allergan Aesthetics https://www.allergan.com.au/
- Amoena https://www.amoena.com/au/
- Alma Lasers https://alma-lasers.com.au/
- Samson Medical https://samsonmedtech.com/ – Fat Transfer and Allograft etc
- Solta Medical https://soltamedical.com.au/ – Fraxel Thermage Clear + Brilliant Vaserlipo
- OMD – Online Marketing for Doctors – https://onlinemarketingfordoctors.com/
- Azuri Group – Online Marketing Agency – https://azurigroup.com.au/
ASAPS CONFERENCE PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SPEAKERS
- Catherine Maley USA – Plastic Surgery Practice Consultant
- John Berry USA – Practice Marketing Consultant – Yellow Telescope and SEOversite
- Mara Shorr USA – Practice Consultant – Shorr Solutions
- Jay Shorr USA – Practice Consultant – Shorr Solutions
- Dr Grant Stevens – USA Plastic Surgeon
- Hanya Oversby – Specialist Consulting
- Debbie Edinburg – Medical Practice Consultant
- Roanne Innes – Teaming
- Kate Christie – Time Stylers
- Julian Mather – Video Expert
- Sally Foley Lewis – Productive Leadership
- Phoebe Neto – Pure PR Public Relations
- Drew Hankin – Azuri Group
- Tim Boon – Total Lifestyle Credit
- Huyen Truong and Steven Tait – Online Marketing for Doctors
- David Staughton – SPE Specialist Practice Excellence
- Brooklyn Staughton – SPE Specialist Practice Excellence
- Amber Lily – ASPS Medicare Expert
- Speaker TBA – Avant Medico Legal
- Paulina Moncrieff LLB – MIPS
- Ben Levitch – Levitch Design
PRACTICE MANAGERS, PLASTIC SURGEONS & THEIR TEAM
- Dr Lily Vrtik – Plastic Surgeon – Brisbane QLD
- Dr Jesse Kenton Smith – Plastic Surgeon – NZ
- Dr Matthew Peters – Plastic Surgeon – Brisbane QLD
- Dr Guy Watts Clinic – WA
- Dr Scott Turner Clinic – NSW
- Dr Shagun Aggarwal – Mode Plastic Surgery Clinic NSW (TBC)
- Liz Sharp – Dr David Sharp – Brisbane
- Amber Moncrieff – Hunter Plastic Surgery – NSW
- Jess & Alecia – Hunter Plastic Surgery – NSW
- Michelle Staughton – Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery – Vic
ASAPS CONFERENCE PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SPEAKERS IN DETAIL
OVERSEAS SPEAKERS AT ASAPS
Catherine Maley – Cosmetic Surgery Marketing Consultant USA
Catherine Maley, MBA has been a cosmetic practice growth business and marketing consultant since the year 2000. Catherine’s popular book, Your Aesthetic Practice/What Your Patients Are Saying has been studied by thousands of plastic surgeons and their staff all over the world. Catherine is an International speaker (including London, Australia and Saudi Arabia) and regular contributor to the top medical publications in the industry and has been interviewed by the New York Times, ABC News and Newsweek. She is also a podcaster and aesthetic consultant. Catherine and her team specialize in growing cosmetic revenues using creative patient attraction, conversion, follow up and retention strategies as well as staff training to turn team members into converting rock stars. Catherine will cover these 4 topics.
1. Positioning YOU as the Best Choice
You can attract a lot more prospective patients to you by strengthening your brand so you become the obvious choice. “Branding makes a memorable impression on prospective cosmetic patients and tells them what to expect from you.” We’ll review lots of strategies and examples of great branding that you can “swipe and deploy” to polish up your own brand.
2. How to Convert More Consultations
Have you ever measured your conversion rate. Every plastic surgery practice I consult with has staff issues because we are dealing with human beings full of emotions, beliefs and limitations. That’s why they need on-going training and accountability, so they not only learn the proven strategies to convert callers and consults, but it also becomes a habit for them. Coordinators are not born closers. They learn from others who have been there and done that. Discover what both the surgeon & coordinator can do together to get to a YES a lot more often.
3. Retention is the New Patient Attraction Strategy – How to get 10x the Value of each Patient
Training your staff on customer service so your patients have a great experience on the phone and during their visit. That’s how you create raving fans and unpaid sales ambassadors who grow your practice for you….for free. That’s where your leverage is. Learn how to bring in more revenues without spending more by leveraging the assets you already have. Increase each patient’s value 10X by encouraging them to return more often, refer more often, give you online reviews and share you on social media.
4. Top 10 Takeaways From Interviewing Surgeons on the ‘Beauty And The Biz’ Podcast
For my 100th Podcast Episode, I reviewed my podcast interviews with 27 Surgeons and came up with ten takeaways that stood out as factors that got these successful surgeons where they are today. I discovered they shared certain characteristics that help them through the struggles and challenges of growing a thriving cosmetic practice. I will review those during this presentation and you can see how you compare.
Visit Catherine at www.CatherineMaley.com or Instagram @catherinemaleymba.
John Berry – Yellow Telescope & SEOversite USA
The Marketing Ladder – A Detailed Guide to prioritising your marketing efforts. The waters of internet marketing can be rough and murky, and even web teams that have good intentions can lead clients astray. Learn how to give your business the best chance of the best results online – not only what kind of marketing you should be doing, but more importantly, where to start and the order in which the different marketing options should be implemented.
John Berry has been with YellowTelescope/SEOversite/iScreamSocialMedia since its inception in 2008. He currently serves as Vice President of SEOversite. He has helped generate millions of website visitors & leads, and 10’s of millions of dollars in revenue for SEOversite clients since 2012. He provides digital strategy for dozens of growing SEOversite projects and personally oversees the spending of millions of marketing dollars annually. John has hired or managed over one thousand staff members during his career and lectured to thousands more. He has served as a lecturer on faculty at Vegas Cosmetic Surgery, ASCRS-ASOA, AACS, and ASPS. In addition to being an expert in client relations, team building, management, and accountability, John’s desire to ensure client satisfaction is his top priority. He provides SEOversite clients with a unique perspective thanks to his ability to dissect and diagnose online project issues using logic and experience from both the supplier and the customer viewpoint alike.
Mara Shorr – Shorr Solutions USA
Mara Shorr is a management consultant and medical aesthetic practice expert. She is a podcast host and a partner at Shorr Solutions. Mara helps businesses to improve their operations, administrative and financial areas which are the foundation of a successful practice. She is a life saver for new and struggling aesthetics practices and medspas.
Jay Shorr – Shorr Solutions USA
Jay Shorr is a founding partner at Shorr Solutions along with being an adjunct faculty instructor at Florida Atlantic University. He helps aesthetic/medical practices run their business efficiently and profitably. Being an owner of a multi-million dollar aesthetic practice and having 40 years of experience under his sleeve, he knows what it takes to make a practice successful.
Audrey Neff – Director of Marketing at Patient Now and Crystal Clear DM
Audrey Neff is the Director of Marketing for PatientNow, which provides practice management & marketing solutions for over 3,000+ aesthetic practices worldwide. She is a frequent industry speaker on practice management strategies and is faculty for 17 medical associations and conferences across the U.S. Audrey is an expert at marketing to millenials, growing your aesthetic practice and making the most of Social media and Technology in your practice. PatientNow is the industry’s trusted leader in EMR, practice management, CRM, digital marketing, website design, and photo management solutions. Learn how to Improve efficiency, decrease costs, and most importantly, drive revenue.
Dr Grant Stevens – Plastic Surgeon USA
Dr Grant Stevens is a board-certified Los Angeles plastic surgeon and the Medical Director of Marina Plastic Surgery. He is regarded as one of the top physicians in America in “The Guide to Top Doctors.” Dr Stevens is an author of many plastic surgery articles and is listed in Castle Connoly’s Top Doctor Guide as well. He is a Medspa guru and the KOL of Coolsculpting in the USA.
AUSTRALIAN EXPERTS SPEAKING AT ASAPS
Hanya Oversby – Specialist Consulting
Hanya Oversby is the director of both Health Business Network and Specialist Consulting. She is also a consultant, educator, facilitator, and business advisor. With years of experience in developing successful business strategies for the healthcare business, she has become a trusted name in the aesthetic and medical world. Hanya is also an author and a successful podcaster with The Doctor Diaries.
Debbie Edinburg – Practice Consultant
Debbie Edinburg is a past Plastic Surgery Practice Manager and now a Practice Consultant, mentor, liaison, and coach to medical specialists, health businesses, and GPs around the globe. Her unique skill set and expertise position her as a practice consultant that transforms practices. Debbie has been involved as the owner in the startup, management and closing down of a successful NSW Plastic Surgery business, with decades of work in the Medical, Paramedical and Plastic Surgery business ownership and management arena. Supported by a BSc Physiotherapy and Masters Degree in Health Management. Now consulting for, and advising Medical Businesses, she is passionate about taking this experience and expertise, to help you and your business navigate the many and diverse challenges that Health Business Owners and their Managers face, including strategy, changes needed in your business, HR and operational issues, as well as managing new projects.
Topic – If I knew then what I know now. Gems for the Doctor and Practice Manager
Debbie’s presentation delivers a number of takeaways on keeping a perspective on what your practice is all about, what you set it up to be, and how you can run a successful business. How do you do this and still retain who you are, and how does your oh-so-important team navigate this journey with you? How to not get overwhelmed with the many aspects of your business needing constant attention, and how to keep perspective. This talk originates from years of direct involvement in both the ownership and management of a business like yours.
Roanne Innes – Teaming
Roanne Innes has been coaching various industries in the private and government sector for the past 23 years. Her prime focus is on people, cross-functional team management, strategy management, project management, product management, and strategy execution. She is known for creating an outcome-oriented development plan that speaks success.
Kate Christie – Timestylers
Supercharge Your Productivity: How to Find 30 Extra Hours a Month – Time Management is boring. Let’s not go there. Kate Christie, international speaker and the best selling author of 4 books is all about “Time Investment”. With a reputation for finding her clients 30+ hours of lost time a month, Kate will help you find all the time you need to curate your perfect life. Brace yourself for an energetic, life changing, pace setting keynote where you will take away 20+ new strategies you can implement for immediate time back in the bank.
About Kate – Kate Christie, Founder & CEO of Time Stylers is a Time Investment specialist; global Speaker; consultant and the best selling Author of four books including ‘SMART Time Management for Doctors’. Kate’s most recent book ‘Me First: The Guilt-free Guide to Prioritising You’ has sold over 10,000 copies worldwide. Kate consults to big and small business, government departments, C suite executives, doctors and educators on maximising individual time spend and managing organisational drag through smart time investment strategies. She has appeared on television, radio and in print as a leading commentator on productivity, time management and maximising work/ life integration to ensure your success across work, family, community, and life. With a reputation for helping her clients find 30 hours of lost time a month, Kate’s focus is to ensure you are left educated, entertained and with a lasting impact on the way you choose to live, work and play.
Julian Mather – Video Expert
Julian Mather is a Keynote Speaker, Conference Speaker, and a Virtual Presenter. He essentially changes what people think and feel about making videos. He teaches businesses to excite their audience by making videos. This digital shift will open a pool of opportunities and possibilities for you which help your practice make more videos.
Sally Foley-Lewis – Productive Leadership
Delegate: Double Your Results, Engage Your Team, Halve Your Effort! – Do you have more work to do than hours available? There’s only one you! – It feels easier to just do it yourself, or you want to delegate but don’t know how, what or who; or you don’t know if you can trust the work will get done to the right standard. In this session, you’ll explore what delegation is and what it really isn’t; remove the roadblocks to delegating; learn the real ROI of delegating; and tame the inner control freak. It’s time to DELEGATE: Double Your Results, Engage Your Team, Halve Your Effort!
About Sally – Sally Foley-Lewis inspires and skills managers to be high performing, purposeful and productive. Obsessed with boosting productivity- and self-leadership that ensures people reach their potential. Sally’s presentations and programs positively impact your confidence, leadership and results. A multi-award winning global professional speaker, Sally has also authored multiple books. Her book The Productive Leader received an endorsement from the renowned global personal development guru Brian Tracy. The drive to support and skill managers comes from her own senior leadership experiences. Sally delivers presentations, keynote speeches, workshops and coaching – online and face-to-face – to skill managers, boost productivity and self-leadership.
Phoebe Neto – Pure PR Public Relations
Phoebe Neto is a founder of Pure PR Public Relations, which is a firm known for focussing on output. The firm has been helping businesses grow for the past 10 years. Her goal is clear, to bring big business thinking to small & medium scale organizations. Her proactive, smart, honest, and reliable approach is what makes businesses have a transformative experience and astounding results.
INDUSTRY SPEAKERS SPEAKING AT ASAPS
Drew Hankin – Azuri Group
Drew Hankin is a managing director at Azuri Group – Australia’s leading webmarketing agency for plastic surgeons. He combines creativity, knowledge, innovation, logic and consistent strategy to help cosmetic medical businesses thrive. He doesn’t rely on conventional modes of marketing but turns your website into a lead magnet that drives sales and leads to revenue growth. He is the expert on aesthetic marketing in Australia.
Tim Boon – Total lifestyle Credit TLC
Tim Boon is a director at Total Lifestyle Credit. Tim has over 14 years of experience working with patient finance and that’s what gives him such a thorough understanding of the subject. His mission with Total Lifestyle Credit is to provide clients with easy access to lifestyle credit where they are not worried about making a decision based on price point. Tim will help your patients fund their surgery and show you how to grow your practice.
Huyen Truong & Steven Tait – Online Marketing for Doctors
7 Simple And Effective Ways To Generate More Patient Reviews For Your Clinic
Getting patient reviews is one of the key challenges in improving an aesthetic clinics’ online reputation and increasing new patient conversion rates. 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation, so to increase the conversion rate of new patient enquiries, you need to get more positive reviews for the procedure you want to promote. In this presentation, we’ll give you the 7 most simple and effective ways to generate at least 20 patient reviews for your clinic in a month.
Huyen Truong and Steven Tait are patient generation experts for cosmetic and plastic surgeons. With 10 + years of experience in this field, they have helped many clinics in Australia and internationally double their patient bookings in less than 6 months through their 7 step patient generation system. Huyen Truong is a search marketing strategist who helps doctors and surgeons acquire more patients. She is a founder of Online Marketing for Doctors where she utilizes her proven marketing framework and gives you a lead generation team at unbeatable rates. She grew up in Vietnam, studied in US and landed in Australia.
David Staughton – SPE Specialist Practice Excellence & Business Manager of Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
David Staughton is an award-winning keynote speaker and a specialist practice growth consultant. He has over 30 years of hands-on experience in hospitality, health and business consulting. Dave has a passion for growing businesses and has been growing specialist practices since 2012. He is a business consultant to Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery and other growth-oriented Surgeons around Australia & NZ.
Paulina Moncrieff (LLB) – MIPS medico legal
Paulina Moncrieff is a Sydney-based insurance lawyer with a prime focus on health liability claims. She has extensive experience in the defence of large health claims across the Supreme Court, District Court and Coroners Court. Paulina is extensively involved in the social responsibility goals of the firm and has been an active committee member of the group that delivered the firm’s first Reconciliation Action Plan.
Amber Lily – ASPS Medicare Expert
PRACTICE MANAGERS, PLASTIC SURGEONS & TEAM MEMBERS SPEAKING AT ASAPS
Dr Lily Vrtik – Plastic Surgeon Qld
Dr Lily is a fully qualified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. She practices in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and is known for providing personalized patient care. Dr Lily is very focused on patient safety, preoperative support and clinical outcome. She offers an extensive range of surgical and non-surgical procedures for the face and body. She is also a passionate medical educator.
Dr Jesse Kenton Smith – Plastic Surgeon NZ
Dr Jesse is a specialist plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeon. He holds surgical fellowship qualifications in both New Zealand and UK. Currently based in Christchurch, New Zealand, he holds a special interest for repairing babies born with cleft lips and palates. He is entirely focused on his private practice and surgical charity.
Dr Matthew Peters – Plastic Surgeon Qld
Dr Matthew Peters is a Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. He is also a Senior Lecturer at the University Of Queensland School Of Medicine and is a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr Mathew performs face, breast, body and non-surgical procedures and is known for his artistic vision.
Amber Moncrieff – Hunter Plastic Surgery NSW
Amber is a practice director and a Co-founder at Hunter Plastic Surgery. Due to her sheer dedication, Hunter Plastic Surgery has won many prestigious awards for the practice, 23 to be very precise. She is heavily involved in the industry and has a special passion for helping out her fellow members across the country.
Jess & Alecia – Hunter Plastic Surgery NSW
Jess serves as a practice manager at hunter plastic surgery. She has been assisting patients in their surgical journey for more than a decade now. Due to her sheer dedication and work ethic, she won the best plastic surgery manager award in 2019 at the MyFaceMyBody Global Awards. She has also won the 2020 Stevies Awards for Young Professional Customer Service. Alecia joined Hunter Plastic Surgery in 2018. She is a registered nurse and has years of experience in patient management as well as nursing.
Michelle Staughton – Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Vic
Michelle Staughton is a patient experience manager at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery.
Liz Sharp – Dr David Sharp Qld
Practice Director for Dr David Sharp in Brisbane.
Brooklyn Staughton – Specialist Practice Excellence and Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Vic
Brooklyn Staughton works on the enquiries team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery. She is an extremely passionate and hardworking individual that makes people feel comfortable. Her work is efficient and impeccable. She also trains other front desk staff for Specialist Practice Excellence.
NEW CLINIC SHOWCASE
Dr Guy Watts Plastic Surgeon WA
Dr Guy Watts is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and a Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He is known for his astounding plastic surgery techniques and artistic flare especially when it comes to his breast and body procedures. With 17 years of extensive experience, he has finally settled down in Perth where he transforms the looks of patients at his private practice.
Dr Scott Turner Plastic Surgeon NSW
Dr Scott Turner is a Sydney based specialist plastic surgeon with Clinics in Northern Beaches & Newcastle. He is considered to be an expert in face, body and breast procedures. Dr Turner has spent his lifetime, gathering the right kind of knowledge and experience that he uses to transform the aesthetics of his patients. The results of his plastic surgeries are extremely natural-looking.
Ben Levitch – Levitch Design Australia
Levitch Design are expert in Medical Clinic Design & Construction. Most recently the Mode Plastic Surgery clinic for Dr Shagun Aggarwal plastic surgeon in NSW.
Mode Clinic Sydney
View this post on Instagram
Watch the Videos …