When are the Busy And Quiet Times For Conferences & Events In Australia? – A CALENDAR for Speakers
Like all industries, there are busy and quiet times in the Conference and Speaking industry.
As a general rule :
BUSIER SPEAKING months are Feb, March, August, October & November (i.e. non-school holidays)
QUIETER SPEAKING months are January & School Hols like Apr (Easter hols)
You can create and use a Speaker MARKETING CALENDAR to help grow your Speaking Business.
Clever marketing can help to fill up your the quiet times in your Calendar. You could do niche events for speakers and solopreneurs in the off-season.
EVENTS CALENDAR FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS (SUMMARY)
- Corporate Business Conference months – the busiest months for business conferences are Aug & Oct – i.e. NOT in School Holidays. (however, some Franchise Conferences & Small Business Groups do prefer school holidays to go to tropical destinations)
- End of School holidays esp Jan – has School PD curriculum days
- End January/Feb – has strategic retreats and planning events
- Winter – has many Charity fundraisers
- June – some Departments have a budget to be spent by 30 June (props)
- July – a New financial year – new financial budget – repitch past gigs
- August – Australian Roadshow Tours month (Retail/Finance)
- Sep – Sports nights happen post season
- Safety Week Season – accident, rescuer and safety speakers
- Cup Season & Xmas Function Season – great for entertainers
- BIG Expos and Events seasons vary by industry seasonality
DETAILED EVENTS CALENDAR FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
Visit www.ourcommunity.com.au – Find all the special WEEKS to promote
- Sales Team Kick Offs and strategy events
- Education PD Days
- Strategy Retreats
- Aust Tennis Open
- Australia Day Events
- Chinese New Year Events
- Strategy & Planning Days
- International Womens Day
- BUSY month for conferences – Book your speakers early!
- Aust Grand Prix Events – Entertainers & Celebrities??
- National Youth Week – Promote young Leadership Events
- Anzac Day Celebration Events –
- Secretaries Day / Office Professionals Day
- Australian Heritage Week
- Educational PD Days (optional)
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Stand Up)
- Busy month for Charity fundraisers
- National Sorry Day – Indigenous Events
- Spending Last of Financial Year Training Budgets
- Federal Budget Events? – economy / business focus
- Charity fundraisers
- Spending Last of Training Budget – Paying for Events in Advance
- New financial year budgets – repitch past gigs
- NAIDOC Week – Indigenous celebrations
- National Farm Safety Week
- Educational PD Days
- Australian States Roadshow month for Retail & Finance Industry
- Busy month for Charity fundraisers and conferences – especially Tropical conferences
- National Science Week
- Sales, Strategy & Planning Days
- Offshore Incentive Trips (based on good end of June results)
- National Skills Week
- R U OK Day – for Mental Health Speakers
- Sports night post season for Sports Speakers and Comedians
- AFL Grand Final events
- Mental Health Week
- BUSY month for conferences – Book speakers early!
- Educational PD Days (varies by state)
- Safe Work Australia and Safety Week (National and State)
- October Business Month (NT Govt)
- Business Month for many States – Statewide Business Events
- International Men’s Day – November
- Racing Season Entertainers & Celebrities
- Xmas Season Entertainers – book early!
- SEND Christmas recognition– cards, gifts, particular recognition to VIP clients
EVENTS & PROGRAMS YOU CAN PROMOTE TO YOUR CLIENTS
- Womens Leadership Programs & Events
- Youth Leadership Programs & Events
- WHS/Safety Programs & Events
- Corporate Wellness programs – Mindfulness
- Harmony & Diversity programs
- Educational PD Days – Jan, July and October (depends on your State)
- Industry and EA/PA Events – send invitations to industry events
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
David Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
David is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Reinventing Smaller Businesses for the Future.
Dave’s most popular small business TOPICS include:
- Finding Business Opportunities
- Living a Better Life
- Building your Loyal “A Team”
- Making More All Year Round
- Find the Hidden Value in your Business
If you would like to see more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter.
You can also download some of the free business e-books available on this website.
If you know or have suggestions for this blog please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
This Blog is a Work in Progress. If you have any ideas or advice to add the the speaking industry event and marketing calendar please phone Dave on 0408375100 or contact me